Natural body chemistry, environment and certain chemicals may oxidize or change the color of the metals. The best way to prevent tarnishing is by caring for your jewelry properly and following these care tips.
Additionally, contact with materials like cosmetics, hairspray, perfume, deodorant, body lotion, bleach etc, can speed up the tarnishing process.
Here are some good, standard jewelry care tips:
- Remove your jewelry when performing tasks that may cause physical damage e.g. cleaning, swimming, spas, workout, gardening,
- Avoid exposures to harsh chemicals e.g. Chlorine, cleaning agents, ammonia etc
- Store jewelry in baggies or pouches
- Take jewelry off before going to bed/ showers
- Avoid storing jewelry in extreme temperatures
- Store jewelry pieces separately
- Wipe jewelry off after wearing it using a soft cloth
Although rare, some people are allergic to the metals and finishes commonly used in making jewelry. It is the responsibility of the customer to be aware of any he are she may have to metals displayed in item description or the oxidization applied to metals before making purchase. The Jewelry Manor will not be held liable for any allergic reactions that may occur as a result of wearing our jewelry as there is no way for us to know the medical history of our customers.